Monday, August 15, 2011

Florence & The Machine: The Dog Days Are Over Review

I usually grab a hold of good songs too late because it takes me so long to decide if I really like them or not. This one might be a little late, but I still feel it should be given its kudos.   

I seriously felt as though the horses were coming on this tune. Pictures of dust clouds being kicked up by powerful hooves entered my mind and stayed. This song is mighty and compelling. It is a perfect example of what the power of emotion can do to a listener. Didn't the hair on your arms stand up with this one?

Her voice does things to me. It is entirely free and whips from note to note as in a perfect and soulful vibration. The video imagery displays a wonderful companion to the music. Her free spirited movements directly correlate to the melody, taking us along and helping us believe in what she's singing.

Her lyrics are fantastic and uplifting, sending the possibility of leaving the past in the past through my veins. She's made me a believer. Although I haven't heard the whole album, it seems she may have a different approach to vocals. Genuine it is, at the very least and worth having a listen.

I've always made it a morning ritual to put on a song that speaks to me positively and aids in the taking of the day. This one has surely made it into the rotation. 

Good or bad, what are your thoughts on this one?

3 comments:

  1. What are some other songs you put on in the morning .. Also, She is genuine too. I emailed her manager for an autograph for my girlfriend for her birthday and though she was on tour she took the time out to sign one personally to her and sent it back - her manager kept in contact with me for three weeks to make sure I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinky Geese, never in tune lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this band. Ive been into them awhile, to the point Im on a several month break now. Its alll about "my boy builds coffin" drumming and rabbit heart are wicked too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMfbfZKVbY
    amazing
    B.D

    ReplyDelete